Who can request information?
We currently provide information for the following customer types:
- Commercial – CHARGEABLE e.g. ecology consultants and developers
- Naturalists – e.g. County Recorders' Network, Wildlife Trust, nature conservation organistions
- Partnership – e.g. Local Planning Authorities and Neighbourhood Plans
- Academic – e.g. schools, university students and research institutions
To request information from us you will need to use this simple online Data Request form. This provides us with details of who you are, what information you require and the geographic area you are interested in.How much will it cost?
We offer a number of standard search packages, which include species and sites data. Prices apply only to Commercial data requests. Other types of data request are usually free of charge. Please see our Charging Policy for more information on this https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/sites/default/files/field/pdf/2018/5/2/LRERC-charging-and-data-use-policy.pdf
Not all packages may be available for all enquiry types.
- Package A1 – from £170 + VAT: 1km - Designated sites; Protected/Priority species – SSSI/SAC/SPA etc; Local sites/LWS/RIGS; PS/UK+LBAP/S41/INNS
- Package A2 – from £340 + VAT: 2km - Designated sites; Protected/Priority species – SSSI/SAC/SPA etc; Local sites/LWS/RIGS; PS/UK+LBAP/S41/INNS
- Package B1 – from £111 + VAT: 1km - Designated Sites; Protected species – SSSI/SAC/SPA/etc; Local sites/LWS/RIGS; PS
- Package B2 – from £221 + VAT: 2km - Designated Sites; Protected species – SSSI/SAC/SPA/etc; Local sites/LWS/RIGS; PS
- Package C1 – from £85 + VAT: 1km - All Designated sites only – SSSI/SAC/SPA/etc; Local sites/LWS/RIGS
- Package C2 – from £170 + VAT: 2km - All Designated sites only – SSSI/SAC/SPA/etc; Local sites/LWS/RIGS
- Package D1 – from £85 + VAT: 1km - Protected and Priority species – PS/UK+LBAP/S41/INNS
- Package D2 – from £170 + VAT: 2km - Protected and Priority species – PS/UK+LBAP/S41/INNS
- Package E1 – from £26 + VAT: 1km - Protected species – PS
- Package E2 – from £51 + VAT: 2km - Protected species – PS
- Package F – £5 + VAT: Householder: Bats – Bats within 100m of a point
In addition, we charge the following for each enquiry:
- Administration Fee – £35 + VAT
All charges are subject to VAT.
You will receive an instant quote for the search. As soon as you accept the quote and submit your request, we will process the data.How do I request data that doesn't fall into one of the standard packages?
If your data request does not fall within our standard packages, we will carry out a custom search at an additional cost. As our eMapper system allows you to customise the search results yourself, enquiries for records of a single species or groups will not be any cheaper than a standard search package.When will I get the results of my search?
We aim to provide:
● all standard packages within one working day
of receipt of a request
● custom searches with one week
of receipt of a request
This is subject to request type, search area size and working hours.What will I receive?
For other types of data requests, results are made available through the eMapper system, with lots of useful features:
● Interactive mapping of species and sites on Ordnance Survey Maps, Aerial Photos and other background layers
● Customisable display of species records
● Filter records by year, distance, resolution, species list and more
● Download records in PDF, Excel or Shapefile formats
Where a search returns an extremely large number of records, we may supply Excel and GIS files instead of eMapper access.View examples of our outputs
Using eMapper you have the ability to customise your own reports in PDF, Excel or Shapefile format, using all the data or a filtered subset.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Adobe PDF Sample
Microsoft Excel Sample